Popular Posts

Monday, May 2, 2011

Let the words pour through

Someone asked me yesterday, "Do you blog?" I said, "Umm, yes, kind of." Having given that answer for the last few months I thought it was about time I could answer, "Yes, here is my location!"
So today my finger is unplugged from my blogging hole and the words are free to pour through.
What to say?
The title of the blog might be a good start.
"Only Fools and Horses", as well as being the name of a brilliant UK TV series in the 90s, follows on a song by by Sir Noel Coward written during an extended holiday in Hawaii to cure a nervous breakdown and incorporated into his musical revue, Words and Music.
In the Phillipines, there are lovely screens
to protect you from the glare
in the Malay states they have hats like plates
which the Britishers won't wear
At twelve noon the natives swoon
and no further work is done.
But mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun.


I have then seen a following line, "Only fools and horses work".

Being heavily involved with horses through Horse Country magazine, I know how often horse riders are out there in the midday sun, showing their horses, trail riding, volunteering at events, working on their acreages, cleaning stalls or picking poop. Been there, done that, with most of that stuff.

So this blog will be musings on the keeping of horses, riding thereof, meeting and greeting other horses and their owners, showing in all disciplines (vicariously of course), jumbled up with the challenges, deadlines and exhilaration of publishing an equine magazine eight times each year.

1 comment:

  1. I am super stoked you are blogging. I'm ready for another post!

    ReplyDelete